Expanding care, support and treatment and linking them with prevention services is a key priority area under NACP which can help reduce AIDS-related mortality and help counter stigma and discrimination. A few of the services provided under ART programme includes the following:
- Prevention and Treatment of Opportunistic Infections;
- Counseling for ART Treatment preparedness and drug adherence;
- Free Anti- retroviral therapy;
- Linkages with routine health system;
- Home based care;
- Counseling on Nutrition and Prevention;
- Family Counseling;
- Social Support Services;
As on 31st March 2016 following are the facilities for care, support and treatment in the state.
- 1. ART PLUS Centre: There is only one ART centre in the state of Meghalaya. The existing ART is located at Civil Hospital Shillong, East Khasi Hills District. It became fully functional since November 2006 with CD4 count facility and is upgraded to ART PLUS centre in 2013-14.
- 2. Link ART Centre: To improve access with linkage to the ART Centre, there are three Link-ART Centre (LACs) in the state of Meghalaya.
- Jowai Civil Hospital, Jaintia Hills District;
- Tura Civil Hospital, West Garo Hills District; and
- Nongstoin Civil Hospital, West Khasi Hills.
- 3. Care Support Centre: Only one Care Support Centre (CSC) is functional in the State and is located in Shillong, East Khasi Hills District where ART PLUS centre is also located. It is the CSC Vihaan, Meghalaya implemented by the MSNP+ (Meghalaya State Network of Positive People).
Cumulative ART Data as on March 2016
|Sl. No.||Indicator||Adults||Children (<15 years)||Total|
|1.1||No. of PLHIV ever Registered in HIV Care||984||987||1||52||49||2073|
|1.2||No. of PLHIV in Active Care||536||631||1||37||42||1247|
|1.3||No. of PLHIV ever started on ART||600||606||0||31||35||1272|
|1.4||No. of PLHIV alive and on ART||403||470||0||20||30||923|