Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) is recognized as a co-factor for the transmission of HIV infection. Reduction in transmission of STD has a considerable impact on the reduction of HIV/ AIDS. The Control in transmission of STDs has a considerable impact on HIV/AIDS. The STD Clinics/ Suraksha Clinics at the 7(Seven) District Hospitals managed by the Health Department are being strengthened through the supply of medicines and consumables which is as per NACO guidelines. Till date, Meghalaya AIDS Control Society has ensured availability of medicines and consumables to all 8 nos. of STD clinics/ Suraksha Clinics in 7 districts of the state in quantity, quality and in time.
Designated STD Clinics / Suraksha Clinics functioning in the state:
- CIVIL HOSPITAL SHILLONG, EAST KHASI HILLS
- TURA CIVIL HOSPITAL, TURA, WEST GARO HILLS
- JOWAI CIVIL HOSPITAL, JOWAI, JAINTIA HILLS
- NONGSTOIN CIVIL HOSPITAL, WEST KHASI HILLS
- NONGPOH CIVIL HOSPITAL, NONGPOH, RI-BHOI DIST.
- WILLIAMNAGAR CIVIL HOSPITAL, WILLIAMNAGAR, EAST GARO HILLS
- GANESH DAS HOSPITAL ,SHILLONG
- BAGHMARA CHC , BAGHMARA, SOUTH GARO HILLS
- KHLIEHRIAT CHC,KHLIEHRIAT,EAST JAINTIA HILLS